We all hate it when someone checks our personal stuff. when people just go through my private chats on whatsapp everyone has a right to privacy, but sometimes people don’t respect that not even you.
- let’s get started first let’s look at the simplest method to hide chats on whatsapp
- Open whatsapp and select a chat by long pressing on it that you would want to hide
- Now click the archive tab option that’s present on the top right.
Well by doing this you’re just archiving your chats this is one way to hide chats on whatsapp and
- if you wish to unhide any of your chat then simply follow these steps
- Scroll down to the bottom of your chat list
- Select archive now long press on a chat to select and hit archived chat
If you are using an iPhone just follow the steps mentioned below.
- Right swipe on a chat
- Hit archive
- your chat will be hidden
To unhide make your way to the top of your task list and pull down to reveal the archive chat list
- Now right swipe on the chat you’d want to unhide
- Select unarchive now
One thing to note here is that if you have archived the chat and that person randomly messages you at any time of the day then the chat will reappear in the chat list and won’t remain hidden anymore.
If you’re using an iPhone then you should know that whatsapp supports touch ID and Face ID to enable it
- Open whatsapp
- Head over to settings
- Select account > privacy > screen lock
- you can then choose either Touch ID or face ID depending on the iPhone model you have.
Now you would be wondering how to do this on Android. You can do this by using a third party application from playstore.
How to Lock Whatsapp in Android ?
- first go to the Google Play Store D
- Download “App Locker”.
- Once it is set up you can choose what all apps you want to lock
- Select whatsapp now whenever you open whatsapp it will ask you for your pin pattern or fingerprint authentication.
How to Lock Whatsapp Chat in Android ?
Say you don’t want to lock the entire app but you just want to add authentication for particular chat in this case follow these steps
- Open google play store
- Download “Locker For Whatsapp Chat”
- Open the locker app from the home page
- Click on the plus icon that you see on the bottom right of the screen
- Now one by one select the chat that you want to lock
Similarly to unlock chat follow these steps
- Tap the select button on the top right of the screen
- Choose the chats
- Hit remove
So, now whenever you open a chat that you lock using the locker app you need to use your fingerprint to unhide, the chat so no more worrying as the chats that matter the most to you can be hidden or locked.
you can set it the way you want point is by following these steps nobody can invade on your privacy anymore.
Please share your thoughts in the comment section down below.