Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) 2019 notification. It released on the official website, https://www.upsc.gov.in .The examination will be held for recruitment in various departments of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF),Industrial Security Force(CISF), Central Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) ,Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) , and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). The Examination will be conducted in accordance with the Rules for the Examination published by the Ministry of Home Affairs. The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the prescribed eligibility criteria ( educational or age ratio )for admission to the examination.
UPSC CAPF (AC) Exam 2019
The UPSC will conduct a Written Examination on August 18, 2019, for recruitment under various branches like in RPF, CAPF, SSB, CISF, and ITBP. A candidate who will fulfill all the eligibility criteria will only be able to fill the form. The exam schedule is as given
|Last date to pay the application fee
||19 May 2019
|Last date to fill the application form
||20 May 2019
|Withdraw Application form
||27 May – 03 Jun 2019
||18 Aug 2019
UPSC CAPF Eligibility Criteria
- Citizenship: Applying candidate should be the citizen of India
- Sex: Both Male and Female candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Commandants.
- Age Limits :
(a) A candidate having the age of 20 years and below the age of 25 years on August 01, 2019, i.e. he/she must have been born not before August 02, 1994 and not later than August 01, 1999.
(b) The upper age limit prescribed above will be acceptable.
(i) Up to a maximum of 5 years if a candidate belongs to an SC/ST
(ii) Up to a maximum of 3 years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
(iii) Up to a maximum of 5 years for Civilian Central Government Servants in accordance with the existing instructions of the Central Government. Ex-Servicemen will also be eligible for this relaxation advantages.
(iv) Up to a maximum of 5 years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from January 01, 1980 to December 31, 1989.
Note I: Candidates belonging to the SC/ST and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clause described above, viz. those candidates who are coming under the category of central govt. Services or ex-servicemen and person domicile of the State of Jammu & Kashmir will be eligible for grant of cumulative age-relaxation under both the categories.
Note II: Ex-Servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as Ex-Servicemen in the Ex-Servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time
Note III: A person who has served in any rank whether as a combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy and Air Force of the Indian Union and who either has been retired or relieved from such service whether at his own request or being relieved by the employer after earning his or her pension.
- Educational Qualifications: A candidate must have to be cleared all the minimum educational qualifications for becoming eligible for filling the form. A candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree of a University by an Act of the Central or State Govt. in India or other educational institutions or deemed University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or contain an equivalent qualification
UPSC CAPF Online Form 2019
The Examination will be conducted according to the Rules for the Examination published by the Ministry of Home Affairs. The candidates who are applying for the examination should confirm that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions as prescribed above for admission to the examination.
Mode of Payment:
- Fees may be paid either by depositing the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI. Applicants who opted for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the sPay-in-slip during through system generation part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
- Such candidates who are unable to pay the examination fees by cash on the closing date, during banking hours at SBI Branch, for reasons whatsoever, even if holding valid pay-in-slip will have no other offline option but to opt for available online Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking payment mode on the closing date
How To Apply
- Candidates are advised to apply Online using the official website.
- The applicants have advised submitting only one application form entry. The multiple application will not be appreciated. However, if due to any unavoidable situation, he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants details, examination center, photograph, signature, fee, etc. The candidates who are submitting various application entries should remind that only the application with a higher registration id will only be entertained by the Commission Authority.
- Those applicants who are already working in any Government Service, Government owned industries or any other organizations or in private firms should submit their applications direct to the Commission Department. Persons who are already working in Government service, whether in permanent or temporary basis or contract based employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public sectors are, however, required to inform in written format to their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the Examination. Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the examination, their application will come under the rejection or get canceled also.
UPSC CAPF Admit Card 2019
- The eligible candidates will be issued the admit card within three weeks before the commencement of the examination.
- The hall ticket will be made available in the UPSC website for downloading by candidates.
- For downloading the Admit Card the candidate must have his/her vital parameters like registration ID & Date of Birth or Roll No.& name, father’s name & Date of Birth available with him/her.
- If a candidate is not able to receive or get their admit card or need any other communication regarding his/her application for the examination, they should at least once contact the Commission.
- In any possible case if no communication is received by the exam conducting authority from the side of the candidate regarding non-receipt of his/her e-admission certificate at least 3 weeks before the examination, then the candidate himself/herself responsible for any discrepancy.
- No candidate will ordinarily be allowed to take the examination unless he/she holds the admit card for the examination. On the receipt of hall ticket, candidates should check it carefully and bring discrepancies or errors, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately.
UPSC CAPF Exam Centres 2019
The examination will be held on the following centers on the prescribed date:
||Prayagraj (Allahabad )
UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2019
Paper I :
General Ability and Intelligence – 250 Marks
The questions available in this paper will be of Objective Type in which the questions will be set in English as well as Hindi.
- General Mental Ability: Various logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude including numerical ability, and data analysis.
- General Science: General awareness, a scientific phenomenon like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science studies.
3.National or International Current Issues: National and international events of various areas of culture, arts, sports, governance, music, literature, social and developmental issues, industrial, business development, globalization, and interplay among all over the nations.
4.Economy and Indian Polity: The Constitution of India, Indian political system, social systems, and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues and human rights.
- History of India: Social, economic and political aspects, growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
- Indian and World Geography: Physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
Paper II :
General Studies, Essay and Comprehension – 200 Marks
The essay components should be written in Hindi or English, but the medium of precise Writing format, Comprehension Components, and other communications or various language skills will be English only.
Part-A – Essay questions that need to be answered in the long descriptive form either in Hindi or English totaling 80 Marks. The history topics like freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights and welfare issues, and analytical ability.
Part-B – Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120) – The topics are Comprehension passages, précise writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar, etc.
UPSC CAPF Selection Procedure
Written examination: The selection of the candidate will be on the basis of marks obtained in the written examination.Candidate will have to secure the qualifying marks for proceeding in the next level.
(PET) Physical Efficiency Test: Only those candidates will be able to appear in PET who have qualified the written examination. Those candidates who meet the prescribed physical Standards will be allowed to the Physical Efficiency Tests as indicated below :
- 100-meter race
- 800-meter race
- Long Jump
- Shot Put
Medical Standards Tests, to check the standards specified by MHA, will be conducted only in respect of candidates who will be declared qualified in the Physical Efficiency Test. These Tests will be commenced under the supervision of a Nodal Authority to be appointed by the Ministry of Home Affairs. These tests will be held at various centers that will be notified after the results of the written examination.
Interview/Personality Test: Candidates who will be declared qualified in the Medical Standards Tests, will be called for Interview/Personality Test to be conducted by UPSC. Those candidates who are medically unfit but allowed to appear before the “Review Medical Board” because of the appeal done by the respective authority will be called for the Interview process. The Interview or personality test will comprise of 150 Marks. Candidates who are short-listed for Interview/Personality Test, including those shortlisted for Interview, personality Test provisionally will be issued a Detailed Application Form in which among other things, they will be required to indicate their preference of Forces.
Final Selection /Merit: The merit list will be declared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Interview or Personality Test.
UPSC CAPF Result 2019
UPSC will release the CAPF result after the successful completion of the examination. The exam will be held on August 18, 2019. The result is to be checked online at the UPSC website and there will be no other mode available to check the CAPF result. In addition to the results, a rank list will be also published on the basis of marks obtained in written test After the results, the selected candidates will have to appear for the Physical Standards test and then the qualified candidate will go for the Interview process.The final merit list will be prepared on an overall basis.
- The detailed instructions have been described on the official website.
- The candidate needs to fill both stages of filling the application form.
- At the instant of filling the application form, a candidate should have his photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format in such a way that each file should not exceed 300 KB each and its size must not be less than 20 KB for the photograph and signature.
- The candidate should have details of one Photo ID like. Aadhar card, voter id, PAN card, Driving license or any other government id issued by the State and Central Government. The photo ID details should be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form. The photo identity will be used by the examination conducting body for future reference purposes and the candidate is advised to carry this ID while appearing for the examination.
- Multiple applications entries will not be appreciated.
- In the case of multiple applications, the application form whose having a higher registration ID will be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one registered form will not be adjusted against any other RID.
- The applicants must be careful during filling their Application Form, they should provide their valid and active email IDs as the Examination Commission may use electronic media for communication purpose with candidates at different stages of the examination process.
- The applicants should check their emails on a regular basis.
UPSC CAPF Seat Matrix
The tentative number of vacancies for various branches as shown below. The number of vacancies mentioned below is liable to alteration. Reservation will be given effect to as per the policy of the Government. 10% of the vacancies are fixed for ex-servicemen.